Sunday 14 February 2016

Happy Valentine's Day from Cambrils!

I hope your beloved remembered?! Dave and I exchanged
Street art on Cambrils prom 
cutesy cards this morning and went on a lovely walk up a dry river bed rambla this afternoon, returning by way of cami tracks through agricultural land where we saw wide fields of curly kale and Brussels sprouts as well as several different huge cactus varieties. The weather nearly bested us though - glorious sunshine as we started, spitting rain for the last ten minutes, and we had just closed our car doors as the heavens opened. Our walk was just a couple of hours and I was shattered by the time we got back to the car.

Street art on Cambrils prom 
The reason? I have actually got A Cold! In Spain! That's not the idea of coming out here at all, but it is the first of our three winters that I have succumbed. I've felt rubbish for the past three days and improved today so hopefully it will all be over within a week and we can get back to our usual hilly walks. Yesterday was embarrassing - after just forty minutes gentle strolling along the seafront promenade, I was happy to turn for home! However, I enjoyed spotting examples of the 'Hola!' street art along the route. There are lots of differently styled men and women, all wearing monochrome striped tops and saying 'Hola!' to cyclists, joggers and walkers. It was such a lovely afternoon that Dave even went paddling in the sea. I didn't capture that moment, but here he is wistfully gazing further along the coastline to where we might explore another day.

Dave doesn't want to turn back yet! 



-->