A change from 50/50 Friday this week because I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Huge thanks to Sarah at All The Book Blog Names Are Taken for nominating Literary Flits!
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to recognize blogs that are unique in their content, and have high quality writing and/or photography, as well as to "honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then."
Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog
Nominate blogs (up to 15) that you've recently discovered or that you follow regularly
Share seven interesting things about yourself that people might not know
Seven facts about me:1. I never wear make up and haven't done for well over a decade, probably longer. I threw out the last of the unusable-by-then-anyway remnants when we left Sussex in 2014 and haven't looked back!
2. I love travelling and have visited 20 countries: England, Scotland, Wales, Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Iceland, Croatia, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey and the USA. Scandinavia and Ireland are the next realistically achievable places I want to tour, although I would also love to see the night sky from the Atacama desert, the stone heads on Easter Island, and Hogwarts. Hogwarts would have to be during the holidays though because ...
3. I am not remotely maternal, and struggle to connect with children, especially when there's lots of them! To all those great aunts and other older women whom, when as a child myself I boldly stated that I never wanted kids of my own, patronisingly assured me that 'you will when you're older': I'm now practically too old and I still haven't changed my mind! And I appreciate being fortunate to live in an era and place where I was allowed to make that decision.
4. I would love to write a novel and have a story taking shape in my head. I just need the self-belief to start writing it down.
5. I love walking, for hours, and sometimes toy with the idea of undertaking a serious long distance hike. There's a mapped route from southern Spain to Finland ... !
6. Despite being tall and, erm, rounded, I love small living spaces. Our caravan and our trailer tent suit me perfectly and I love discovering the amazing designs other people come up with for extreme minimalist living.
7. As it's July, my favourite Christmas film is A Nightmare Before Christmas. I love the style and imagery and, in the days when we did Christmas decorations, had a Jack Skellington stuffed doll which took pride of place.
I'm now supposed to nominate some other blogs for this award which I would love to do. However, being a bit late to the party, the ones that sprang to mind are either already sporting the badge or are declaring themselves award-free zones. Grrr!
So, if you would like to see your blog as one of my nominations, either Comment its link below or tweet me @Stephanie_Jne. I'll pick five at the end of this month!