Friday 11 July 2014

Chocolate fudge brownie recipe

Cathy-at-work bought a pack of Thornton's chocolate brownies for us to share last week.
Chocolate fudge brownie 
They're very nice! However, daft me mentioned that brownies was something I used to bake so another team member, Ian, has challenged me to a bake off. I've taken the brownies into work today, together with the remnants of yesterday's Boterkoek. Let's see which vanishes fastest!

Ingredients
45g cocoa powder
60g plain white flour
100g sugar
55g salted butter
1 egg
1 tsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence or a little finely chopped vanilla pod

Preheat the oven to 150c.

Grease a baking tin. Actually I use the lid of an vintage pyrex dish which is just the perfect size. It is cm across.

Place all ingredients into a large bowl and combine until mixture is a thick sticky dough.

Press into the tin/lid and bake for 30 minutes.

I can't remember where I originally saw this recipe, but I do remember that it called for 150g of sugar which was far too sweet - even for us. Fine white sugar makes the brownies fudgier than demerera sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried this brownie recipe and it is really amazing. Best recipe i have ever tried. Here i have a special strawberry brownie recipe. Check out the recipe here: https://www.recipespack.com/strawberry-brownies-the-recipe-critic/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-)
    Brownies are delicious, but so high in sugar that I cannot often eat them!

    ReplyDelete