Sunday 27 May 2018

My Week in Review to the 27th May

I'm linking this post up with The Sunday Post at The Caffeinated Reviewer.

Dave took a photo of me in my new favourite reading spot - our little riverbank garden. It really is beautifully idyllic here. So relaxing that I even (almost) didn't stress about GDPR! Fingers crossed that we're all compliant!

It was ridiculously hot here at the beginning of the week with thunderstorms rumbling around for three consecutive afternoons. We were caught out walking by the first and I got absolutely drenched which caused a few raised eyebrows from the better prepared umbrella-wielding French folks we passed. I just felt nicely cooled and refreshed though! There was another thunderstorm yesterday and now they're being forecast daily until Wednesday at least! It seems bizarre, but is maybe normal for Deux Sevres? I pity the families who have come out just for the half-term week. Not great holiday weather.

Featured Book Reviewer
In book news, I got an e-mail on Friday from Dhruv at Book Sirens letting me know that Literary Flits has been added to their book reviewers database and my blog is now live on their website. You can click the little button to the right to see the Literary Flits entry and add your own blog if you would like to and haven't already. Book Sirens aim to be a different book reviewer listing site in that they won't keep extinct blogs in their listings. I haven't yet been approached by any authors via Book Sirens though so don't know how it will work out from a blogger point of view.

Talking of book promo though, it is nearly time for the next Free Spotlight Post giveaway draw! Ta daa! If you have (or know of) a book that could use a Spotlight Post on Literary Flits, add it to This Linkup before midnight (UK time) on the 31st May. I'll pick one at the beginning of June.

And more book news - it's probably going to be an indoors week after all! - the Two Gals And A Book blog is starting a new reading challenge as of the 1st of June. You can find out more about The Classics Club Challenge here. The idea is to read and blog about at least 50 classic books over the next 5 years. That's 10 books a year which I think is manageable alongside my other reading so I am looking forward to taking part. I've set up a Classics Club text box on Literary Flits (scroll down the page!) to keep track of my reading. Titles will be added as I get classic books and will link to their reviews when they're blogged. Suggestions of great classics I should read are very welcome!

Around the blogosphere:

Sarah at All The Book Blog Names Are Taken has a regular Would You Rather post series where she compares beautiful book nooks. This week's Would You Rather features a rather scary overhead net affair!

Aj at Read All The Things tells all (not quite!) for the Sunshine Blogger Award.

Olivia at Olivia's Catastrophe has a Book Haul Tower that's taller than herself! I love Olivia's blog photos!


Here's the most Popular Posts Across My Blogs this week. Click the images to visit the pages ... and don't forget to enter all the Giveaways!

Artisan Rainbow

Literary Flits

Stephanie Jane

20 comments:

  1. I hope with blogspot - I am compliant too! I have no idea what to do with it. =(
    Have a great week and love your reading spot!


    Mary my #Sunday Roundup #20!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's things like Comments I'm not totally sure about. I don't get any personal data myself from people commenting so hopefully it's all ok. I can't imagine Blogger and Google having left that big a hole in their GDPR planning, but I'm noticing over the past couple of days that Wordpress comments now have extra tick boxes.

      Delete
  2. I think WP has helped us satisfy the requirements...offering some changes in the settings that add a line on the comment box...linking to a long discussion.

    I also added a Privacy Policy page. Let's hope we can stop stressing now.

    Enjoy your week. I love that purple umbrella.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! We inherited the umbrella with the stuff left in the new-to-us caravan. The colour is perfectly Me!

      Delete
  3. This GDPR stuff makes my head hurt. What a perfect place to read, Stephanie! Sorry you were stuck out in the rain but it sounds like you had a good attitude about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great reading spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly have no idea what GDPR is. I've been incommunicado this past week because of work so I have to read up on this.

    Love your reading spot! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like the best reading spot ever. I hope you have a good week and get lots of reading done.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a youngster, I had an apple tree which was very comfortable and shady. We built a treehouse of sorts so it was ok even when rainy. And there were apples to eat. Beautiful garden. I hope you have a great reading week. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of your apple tree house! I'm thinking that would make the best book nook ever :-)

      Delete
  8. Looks like a lovely little area! Hope the rain holds off for you and that you have an amazing week!

    GDPR *fingers crossed* ha ha. And Book Sirens is new t ome- I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg!
      I believe Book Sirens changed their name recently from something else, but I can't remember what

      Delete
  9. GDPR is giving me nightmares at the moment. I hope my blog is ok but I'm not really sure what I'm doing with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here really. Other than an occasional giveaway and the linkups, I don't even have access to personal data and I certainly don't keep hold of any.

      Delete
  10. Oh what a wonderful reading spot! It looks so relaxing. I'm just blocking GDPR about of my thoughts right now. From what I've read Blogger is compliant so I'm going to leave it at that! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine!
      I've got fingers crossed for Blogger too!

      Delete