Wednesday 29 November 2023

Maya's Tiny Warriors by Manasi Vegesna


 

Book Details:

Book Title:  Maya's Tiny Warriors by Manasi Vegesna
Category:  Children's Fiction (ages 4 to 8), 32 pages
Genre:  Children's Picture Book
Publisher:  Manasi Vegesna
Release date:   Oct 2023
Content Rating:  G.  Suitable for everyone.



Book Description:

On the first day of school, Maya wakes up with a terrible flu. As she sneezes, coughs, and burns up with a fever, she can’t quite understand why she is sick. And why isn’t she getting better?

Thankfully for her, there are tiny warriors in her body that are battling for her well-being. Follow these warriors as they fight to keep Maya safe in this epic showdown between the immune system and the flu.

​For ages 4-8, this book is perfect for young kids learning how their body works. By accompanying Maya’s warriors on their journey, readers will better understand their immune systems and illnesses.

Buy the Book:
Amazon ~ B&N
add to Goodreads

Guest Post by Manasi Vegesna

Growing up, the library was my home outside of home. I spent hours lounging in the kids section reading Curious George (he’s my role model), Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, and The Little Engine that Could. Walking out with 15 books stacked inside my bag, I always felt triumphant with my selection. I would’ve grabbed more books, but 15 was unfortunately the limit. Of course, these books rarely lasted more than a day before I jumped up and down, pleading for another visit.

Over time, though, I found myself eager to read the “big kids books.” I couldn’t wait until my imminent graduation from picture books and onto those with chapters and tiny, tiny words. Clearly, I had my priorities straight. Eventually, I picked up Junie B. Jones and then the entire Rainbow Magic Book Series. There were around 100 books in this series by the time I started reading them, with each book focusing on a singular fairy, and you best believe I collected them all. Little me was still not content, so I longed for even higher reading levels.

Next was the Roald Dahl collection, which I also blazed through before moving onto Charlotte’s Web. What came after? You guessed it - more anticipation for tinier words. I especially knew I was missing out when my older friends buzzed about Harry Potter and the fantastical world of magic. Cue my eyeroll.

To this day, I continue to expand my book collection, venturing into different genres and discovering what I like. Beyond realistic fiction and fantasy, I love autobiographies and historical fiction. But, you will never catch me in the horror section. Ever.

It wasn’t until I started writing Maya’s Tiny Warriors that I revisited some of my childhood classics. I drew inspiration from the picture books stored away at the back of my bookshelf. In fact, I spent a whole week flipping through Pinkalicious, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and more, giggling at the funny characters and marveling at the pictures. I realized the beauty and craftsmanship behind these books, each with morals weaved into imaginative stories.

Goosebumps pricked my skin because of the heartwarming endings and the underlying meaning behind many of these books.

I’ve come full circle to my childhood as a 17-year old, and I wonder if my younger self could’ve been a little more patient. Those picture books were a key part of my reading journey and helped shape me into who I am today. I hope Maya’s TIny Warriors can do the same and land in the stacks of many eager children carrying their books home.


Meet the Author:

Manasi Vegesna is a passionate author from Arizona who is interested in biology and medicine. She has utilized her love for immunology in order to help future young generations face their sickness with courage. In the future, she hopes to further dive into the wonders of science through more imaginative stories. Currently a high school senior, she continues to remain curious. When she’s not doing her homework, you can catch her playing the violin or reading a book. Or, she’s probably binging Disney movies.

connect with author: website ~ X/twitter instagram ~ goodreads

Enter the Giveaway:
Win a signed copy of Maya's Tiny Warriors by Manasi Vegesna (one winner) (USA only) (ends Dec 15)
MAYAS TINY WARRIORS by Manasi Vegasna Book Tour Giveaway



No comments:

Post a Comment