Saturday 28 June 2014

Utterly simple wholemeal bread recipe for breadmakers

As promised earlier today on Google+, this is the second in a slew of recipe posts I'm
The best wholemeal bread 
publishing this weekend. Dave will be pleased! (That's sarcasm by the way!)

About six weeks ago, I blogged my first bread attempt in years. It was successful enough, in that we ate most of the loaf before it got too dry, but it wasn't perfect. Today's attempt was based on a much simpler recipe which has only five ingredients - or six if you count each of the flours. I had tried this one a couple of weeks ago but didn't put all the salt in as I was trying to be healthier. This was an error. It needs all the salt.

Ingredients:
1 cup of lukewarm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 cups strong flour (I used 1.5 cups each of plain white and wholemeal)
1 sachet dried yeast (I used the Co-op's own brand)

I put everything in our Morphy Richards Breadmaker in the order stated above, then set it for a 1.5lb loaf of white bread with a light crust. The whole time taken was 2 hours and 53 minutes if that helps to identify a similar setting on your machine.

The bread was delicious! Absolutely perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment