Friday, 22 July 2016

#TreatYourself - special offers that caught my eye

Hilda Boysenberry Tunic at Weird Fish 
If this week's heatwave caught you out with insufficient summer wear in your wardrobe, check out the bargains on offer at Weird Fish. They have fun and quirky designs and I have been impressed with the durability of clothing bought from Weird Fish in the past. This season, I like this lightweight Hilda Boysenberry Printed Woven Tunic, reduced from £38 to £15, and the Yazoo Cotton Jersey Striped Tunic, reduced from £40 to £20. For the more organised and forward-thinking among us, Weird Fish also have a good selection of autumnal clothes, waterproof jackets and parkas in their bargain clearance too so you might be able save on next season's outfits by buying now! Standard delivery is free within the UK and International delivery is free with orders over £100.


Waitrose's Kitchen department has items from its Great British Bake Off range at half price while stocks last. There are three sizes of these vintage style cake tins as well as measuring spoons, a marble rolling pin, pastry brushes, cookie cutters and a lovely wooden chopping board. Delivery to store is free or standard home delivery is free with orders over £30. If you've been enviously eyeing up new bakeware, now's your chance to grab a bargain!


Indie ebook website Smashwords is coming to the end of its 8th annual Summer/Winter sale so you've only got until the 31st July to take advantage of their discounts. Thousands of Smashwords authors and small independent publishers have discounted their books by anything from 25% to 100% (that's free!). I do find writing quality on Smashwords can be hit and miss - I have found enjoyable books and a couple of DNFs - but I like being able to support authors directly. Smashwords books I have enjoyed include Discovering Aberration by S C Barrus (review here) and Sinister Arcana Shards by S R Mulrune (review here). From the Sale I downloaded In The Heart Of Cairo by Mahi Wasfy which I haven't read just yet.


Whittard Of Chelsea has some great summertime offers at the moment. They are running 3 for 2 promotions on Hot Chocolate and on Instant Tea so it's well worth stocking up on these especially as Whittard's website has ideas for making tall iced chocolate drinks and the instant teas make delicious iced versions too. Browsing the clearance section, I just noticed that this gorgeous Dotty About Hot Chocolate Gift Set is on special offer, reduced to £14 from £20, so possibly perfect to stash for upcoming birthdays. Sadly you've already missed mine!


Finally something just for women, or just for menstruating women actually. Have you heard of the Mooncup? I have used one - the same one - for over a decade now and not only has it saved me lots of money, but has also made managing my periods far easier and stopped me sending hundreds of tampons and sanitary towels to landfill. It also completely does away with that mid-period last-tampon crisis. When I'm on, I'm wearing my Mooncup so I know my sanitary protection is taken care of, even though it is so comfortable that I am not constantly aware of it. The following video, produced by Mooncup, shows how the product functions:


That's it for my money-saving treats this month. Feel welcome to link up similar posts in the Comments, or to shout out other great deals you have seen. I look forward to finding another five for August.

1 comment:

  1. An extra offer! Faith In Nature (www.faithinnature.co.uk) are offering 50% of their summery Tropical Range of toiletries until Monday!

    ReplyDelete