Tuesday, 29 December 2015

My Top Ten Books of 2015

I've noticed a glut of Best Books Of 2015 blog posts around as we come to the year's end so thought I would add mine to the mix. In hindsight, it was a daft idea! Choosing my favourite ten reads of the year was tough enough, but trying to rank them into some kind of order of best-ness proved totally impossible! Instead these are my favourite ten books that I read in 2015 in the order in which I read them.

Links go to their relevant blog page so you can see my review and maybe even click through to buy yourself a copy.


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
listened to in January 2015


Wolf Winter by Cecilia Ekback
read in January 2015



Rust Is A Form Of Fire by Joe Fiorito
read in February 2015



The Stove-Junker by S K Kalsi
read in March 2015



Blue Talk And Love by Mecca Jamilah Sullivan
read in March 2015



I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
listened to in May 2015



The True Picture by Alison Habens
read in August 2015



Ladder Of Years by Anne Tyler
read in August 2015



The Panda Theory by Pascal Garnier
read in September 2015



The Piper's Story by Wendy Isaac Bergin
read in November 2015


And another ten honourable mentions of five star books that I felt guilty about leaving out!

Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey
The People's Act Of Love by James Meek
One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Aquarium by David Vann
We That Are Left by Clare Clark
The Vanishing Act Of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
A Girl Is A Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride
Heart Of A Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov

You can see my whole year of reading on Goodreads and now I'm looking forward to a wonderfully booky 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment