Monday, 12 October 2015

Five books read for my NetGalley Challenge and I reopen my Etsy shop

I really do need to get back up to speed with my reading! As of the time of
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/251674262/hand-woven-book-bag-protective-cover?ref=shop_home_active_2
Sunset Book Bag now in my Etsy shop
writing I am at 71% for my 2015 Goodreads Challenge - that's 143 of 200 books and only two and a half months to go.

Another reading challenge, Sophie And Suze's NetGalley Challenge, finishes today. NetGalley is a great site which gives us fanatical reader-reviewers access to pre-publication copies of books. There are niche publishing houses there as well as the mainstream so I love searching out the more weird and wonderful titles. I discovered five great books during the six Challenge weeks and my review percentage is at a respectable 84%. (The following links go to my reviews on this blog):

1) Under The Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta ****

2) The Panda Theory by Pascal Garnier *****

3) The Bitter Trade by Piers Alexander ***

4) The Miner by Natsume Soseki ****

5) The Dictator's Last Night by Yasmina Khadra ***

My attention has most recently been distracted by a burst of creative
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/251570881/hand-woven-cordoba-book-bag-protective?ref=related-0
Cordoba Book Bag now in my Etsy shop 
enthusiasm - learning to weave! And, in an attempt to not completely fill Bailey with my handmade goods over the long winter evenings, I have reopened my Etsy UK shop today. It's all changed quite a lot on Etsy UK in the years since I last sold there, but I have swept out the dust and tidied up! Now I just need to design a pretty new banner for my storefront. I am planning to make small bags and cases as well as crafting supplies such as crocheted flowers and buttons for applique and cardmaking. Hopefully there will be at least enough sales to pay for the wools! Please do think of me when you're looking for Birthday and Christmas gifts for literary / traveller / crafty friends and relations. Shipping from France or Spain (where we'll be this winter) only takes about a week (longer during the Xmas rush!).


No comments:

Post a Comment