Thursday, 13 August 2015

Top Five Etsy Finds - Bronze

Steampunk Corset by
LyndseyClarkeBoutique 
I so enjoyed compiling my Top Ten Scottish Etsy Finds for the Etsy challenge in July that I thought I would make a similarly styled post a regular feature of this blog. Ten items did take a lot of finding, especially with the slow wifi out here, so I will post a Top Five this month and have chosen Bronze as my theme - in honour of the Bronze Age Bleasdale Circle we visited a few days ago. I have also decided to make this my first attempt at hosting a blog link-up so if you would like, why not post about your own Top Five Etsy Bronze items and add your blog link to the doodad at the end of this post

Regular blog readers will know that I love my steampunk fiction so when this bronze and gold Steampunk Corset (pictured above) flashed up in my search results I just knew it had to star in my top five Bronzes. The corset is sadly only a size eight so there's no way I will ever get to wear it but it would certainly be a scene-stealer at the many Steampunk festivals up and down the country. Made by LyndseyClarkeBoutique of Reading, the corset is entirely handmade with full steel boningand golden bead trim. It has the classic sweetheart shape and is for sale at £137.

http://tidd.ly/112893e6
Viking Hoard by RikBerryArt
My second choice is pretty topical as I listened to that great Viking history book not so long ago. Etsy shop RikBerryArt in Sidcup created this line-up of five Viking warriors from his original ceramic sculpture and the bronze cast is a limited edition of which no more than fifteen will be produced. I like the play on words in the piece's title and the fearsome eyeholes of the warriors! Viking Hoard is 28cm across and costs £65.

A touch of delicacy for my next choice which is this beautiful bronze,
Fascinator by
SpiritOfHarlequin 
ivory and black fascinator by SpiritOfHarlequin in Birmingham. Created from sinamay, stripped coque feathers and spiky biot feathers, this is a versatile wardrobe addition to add an unexpected spark to many outfits from wedding finery to a Summery afternoon tea. SpiritOfHarlequin is a finalist in the Accessories category at the Midlands Fashion Awards this year. Winners aren't announced until October, but you could find yourself the proud owner of award-winning workmanship! The fascinator is £39 and can be fixed to a hairband, clip or comb, as requested by its buyer.

NiciLaskin grew up in Germany but now makes these fabulous guitar
Guitar pick by NiciLaskin 
picks in New Mexico, USA. She says that "bronze is an amazing metal with a more metallic sound quality when used as a pick" and that there are musicians that specifically seek out bronze picks to add a unique tone quality to their music". Dave isn't so sure about that but did think a metal pick could produce an interesting musical emphasis. Plus I think it just looks great whether ever used or simply for display. This I Pick You guitar pick (with up to 20 characters in its message) is £5.91.

http://tidd.ly/e9c9e90
Bronze Bangles
by CinnamonJewellery
 
I couldn't finish my selection without including jewellery as there is such a huge selection on Etsy. I have chosen this set of five handmade Bronze Bangles made by CinnamonJewellery of Eastbourne. Eastbourne used to be my nearest town for shopping and theatre trips! The bangles are soldered, shaped and textured by hand by shop owner Tracy Smith, then tumbled to get that lovely warm colour. The five bangle set costs £29.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Top Five Etsy Finds! If you would like to join in with the Blog Hop, then just publish your own top five - with the theme of Bronze - on your own blog, then return here to add your link to the LinkyTools widget. You will need to have included a back link to this page on my blog (http://stephjb.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-five-etsy-finds-bronze.html). Don't forget to add the LinkyTools code to your post too! If you're on twitter, send your link to @theatricalEB with the hashtag #myetsyfive and I will retweet it. I'll keep the LinkyTools open for three weeks and will post a roundup next month.

Show me Bronze!

Disclosure: Should any Etsy UK purchases be made a a result of following links from this blog, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price. I do not receive anything from any other blogs in the link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment